Engineered with style, intelligence, and purpose
EKO products are engineered to last. To prolong the life of your product, please refer to the suggested care below.
Care and Maintenance Instructions
1. The stainless steel body of the bin is fingerprint-proof and can be cleaned using a piece of damp-dry soft cloth. Microfiber works best, DO NOT use an abrasive sponge or paper towel.
2. To prolong the life of the bin, avoid stamping on the step violently.
3. To prolong the life of the bin, do not lift the lid forcibly while it is opening.
4. Put the bin on a flat surface to keep it from swaying side to side while stepping on the step.
5. Wipe the surface with soft dry cloth or alcohol to maintain a bright sheen. Never wash the surface with corrosive acid-base solution.
6. Please keep the product away from a hot stove or direct sunlight to avoid deformation or aging.
7. For difficult stains, use a dry cotton cloth using mild liquid detergent, colorless glass cleaning fluid or polishing liquid. Do not rinse it with water.
8. The plastic liner can be rinsed in water. Place the step bin in a cool ventilated place to let the liner dry after rinsing it. Do not expose it to hot sunlight to avoid shortening the product’s life.
Care and Maintenance Instructions
Motion Sensor Bins
1. To avoid injury do not allow children to reach the internal components. There are batteries and other spare parts inside the sensor bin which could injure them.
2. Avoid mixing old batteries with new ones when replacing batteries to avoid affecting the normal use and life of the product.
3. Use quality batteries of well-known brands so as not to affect the normal use and life of the product.
4. A sensor bin contains electronic components and should be kept dry at all times. Keep the lid of the bin dry from rain and water immersion. If water goes inside accidentally, remove the batteries. To let it dry, place the lid under ventilation or sunlight and after a sufficient period of time, try using it again.
5. Please install the batteries correctly, noting the correct position of the anode (positive) and the cathode (negative) ends of the battery as indicated in the battery compartment. The product will not work if the batteries are improperly installed. According to tests, products with high-performance alkaline battery can be used for 6 to 9 months (20 times of opening and closing per day). When the batteries are getting low, you will notice a slow reaction time to operating. If the battery is nearly exhausted, the battery symbol on the control panel will keep flashing. To ensure smooth functioning, please replace batteries when products doesn’t open smoothly.
6. Use the sensor bin on a flat surface for it to work properly (so it won't affect the lid open and close by outer force in daily use).
7. When the batteries of the sensor bin are exhausted or haven’t been used for a long time, they should be replaced or removed to prevent battery leakage, causing damage to product components.
8. Dispose waste batteries according to government’s waste sorting rules, making a contribution to environmental protection.
9. Keep sensor bins away from any heat sources to prevent battery explosion under abnormal environment.
10. Absolutely do not immerse the sensor bin lid in water to wash.
11. Do not shake the lid back and forth violently to avoid damage of the gear structure inside, which affects the life and functioning of the product.
12. Clean and maintain the operation panel regularly to keep it from being dusty which causes misoperation like unnecessary opening.
13. Clean and maintain the operation panel regularly to prevent gear from being clogged by trash, which may cause a stuck lid.
14. Avoid placing things within 1" of the sensor area so that the operation panel won’t be touched accidentally, which makes the lid open.